are many advantages to using Wilmington Pathology Associates
for your diagnostic needs. We are committed to providing quality
medical care along with superior customer service to our patients
1) Cytology Services
- Patient notification by mail on normal Paps.
- There is a 5–7 day turn around time for normal
- Stat or Rush Paps are processed with no additional charge.
There is a same day turn around time.
- There is no additional charge for Pap rescreens.
- We notify offices by phone and fax on all high-grade
- Clients receive monthly statistical reports of all Pap
- Services can be tailored to fit a practice's needs.
2) Surgical Pathology Services
- Quick, one-day turn around time.
- Board certified pathologists with expertise in cytopathology,
hematopathology; including flow cytometry, breast pathology,
gynecologic pathology and immunohistochemistry.
- Availability of ancillary studies with quick turn around
- Availability of quick outside consultation.
3) High Level of Doctor Availability and Expertise
- Pathologists are always available to discuss a diagnosis
- All of WPA’s pathologists are Anatomic and Clinical
Pathology Board Certified.
- Our pathologists have trained with world-renowned experts.
4) WPA Utilizes the Most Advanced Medical Technology Available
- ThinPrep™ Monolayer Pap Test.
- HPV Typing from the ThinPrep™ vial.
- Gonorrhea/Chlamydia testing done from the ThinPrep™
- Non-Gyn specimen processing performed using the ThinPrep™
method for more accurate results.
5) Daily Contact With Customers
- WPA provides daily courier pick up and delivery service.
- WPA provides clients with supplies for specimen collections.
- WPA provides requisitions (surgical and cytology).
- WPA’s couriers deliver final patient results daily
6) Web-Based Reporting
- Free Service
- 90 Day report accessibility
- Password protected access
- Secure website